Open Job Positions. We're hiring!
At Effective IT, we give you access to important problems and the freedom to solve them. If you want that kind of responsibility, then we want to work with you.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. There’s a role here for you — whether you're a new grad or have years of experience.
Our team is currently still limited to the founders and the colleagues we are interested in bringing on board. However, we hope to continue growing at Effective IT and aim to see our team expand in the long term. A small team also means there's plenty of space for a personal approach, initiative-taking and transparency!
- Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
- Dedication: We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter.
- Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds. We also work externally with our customers, often on site, to understand and solve their problems.
- Trust: We trust each other to effectively manage time and priorities - we don't micromanage. We want to give people the space to think for themselves.
- Growth: We push ourselves and our peers to improve themselves and the world around them.
- Learning: We often face entirely novel problems, where we need to pick up a lot of new information and learn how to use it to make progress.
Software Engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle from idea generation, design and prototyping to implementation and shipping. As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that solve them. We think the best way to understand what our users need is to meet them to really understand their mission and their pain points.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Strong coder with extensive hands-on development and delivery experience in Java. Regardless of which frameworks you use or how you learned them, we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code.
- Familiarity with Data Structures, Storage Systems, Databases (relational, graph, document store, key-value store,...), API development (REST, GQL,...), System Design, Frameworks, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS),...
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design (DDD), Design Patterns,...
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Solutions, Microservice and Serverless architecture styles is a plus
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices such as Kanban, Scrum, Pair Programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration, DevOps/NoOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC),...
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them.
- Client facing experience is a plus. Consulting experience is a plus.
- A desire to work on software that can change the world and a passion for creating intuitive, scalable products that augment the users' ability to work.
- Strong analytical skills and organisational abilities.
- Proactive approach for solving problems and delivering solutions.
- You love learning new things and you keep a close eye on technological evolutions in order to stay on top of your game.
- Knowledge of English and Dutch.
What's on Offer
Next to a job in a great company with team spirit, fun & career opportunities, you get the opportunity to work autonomously, with flexible hours and a healthy work/life balance. In exchange for your commitment, motivation, experience and competencies you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and a competitive extralegal benefits package.
So we haven’t put you off just yet? Even better, you’re actually pretty interested?
Then don't hesitate to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us exactly why you want to join us.
We will call you within a week to get acquainted. We want to give everyone the best chance at representing their abilities. Everyone starts with one or two phone interviews, and if we think there's a fit, we'll invite you to our offices and have an on-site interview.